Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities. Our NEA chapter categorizes our philanthropies into 6 groups, and each class has a grade-level focus. Categories include environmental & animal, elderly, military & community, families & housing + food, children & youth, and health
Each year members are required to meet a minimum number of service (philanthropy) hours and a minimum number of meeting (league) hours. The NCL NEA chapter is an active experience with all members committed to working for our philanthropies and our own organization.
- 7th, 8th, and 12th Grades are required to serve a minimum of 10 Philanthropy Hours
- 9th, 10th, and 11th Grades are required to serve a minimum of 15 Philanthropy Hours
- Patronesses are required to serve a minimum of 10 Philanthropy Hours
Each year NCL NEA celebrates our accomplishments by awarding individual achievement, class performance, and mother-daughter conquests. Please visit the Annual EventS page to learn more about award ceremonies.
NEA 2018-2019 period highlights include:
- 8,023 philanthropy hours served and 44 mother & daughter teams served 25 hours or more together
NEA 2019-2020 goals include:
- 8,800 philanthropy hours and have 50 mother & daughter teams serving 25 hours or more together